GStreamer neither keep rtsp alive nor re-connect to ip camera

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Feb 6 09:09:32 PST 2015

This doesn't have anything to do with network parameters. RTSP clients
periodically send a GET_PARAMETER message (I think) to indicate to the
server that they are still alive and want the media stream. In the 0.10
version this interval does not seem to be configurable. You can often
configure a timeout on the server but that doesn't help if you don't
control the server (usually the case). Usually the message is sent once per
minute or so. Use wireshark (or something) to look at the RTSP
communication for a better idea of what is happening. You can also set the
RTSP client logging to level 6 (I think that is the right level) to get the
RTSP messages displayed in the log. That is very helpful.