GStreamer neither keep rtsp alive nor re-connect to ip camera

lockandfire lockandfire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 07:47:02 PST 2015

Using sdk I checked the initial value of properties of rtspsrc and it returns
nothing wrong.

After many tests I finally find this might be a bug of version 1.4.x :

under mac os x yosemite, gstreamer-1.4.5, default protocols settings(7,
tcp+udp_uni+udp_mcast), latency=0 or 100, wireshark showes me:

time(s)    pc                        ipcamera
5.72        DESCRIBE
5.836      SETUP                  return: timeout=80
5.755      SETUP
5.763      PLAY
80.775    GET_PARAMETER
155                                    TCP:(FIN,ACK)

at 80.775s, gstreamer use a get-parameter to keep link alive( in setup
setup, ipcamera's returns is timeout=80s), however, at 155s(75s later),
ipcamera returns a TCP message: FIN. After that, gstreamer says EOS received
and quits.
 windows7 + gst-1.4.5 : exactly the same with that on mac
ubuntu14.04+gst-1.2.4 / ubuntu-13.04 + gst-1.0.6 : no problem
at this time I realized that the problem is due to 1.4.5, then I tried
1.2.4, 1.4.4 on mac:

1.2.4 : nothing wrong
1.4.4: the same with 1.4.5

After I examined the result of wiresharks of 1.2.4/1.0.6,  I found that the
GET_PARAMETER is sent out every 75seconds, however , in 1.4.5/1.4.4, after
the first GET_PARAMETER is sent out, there is no the second one. That's why
the stream is stopped.