Sub:HLS Segments Recording

Duncan Palmer dpalmer at digisoft.tv
Wed Feb 11 16:25:17 PST 2015

I don't think there's a way to do what you're trying to do with gst-launch.

The problem is that hlsdemux creates a new src pad on each variant switch.
When I run the pipeline you have above, xyz.ts contains the first hls
segment. However, hsldemux then switches variant, and creates a new src
pad. It sends an EOS event out the existing src pad, which propogates thru
the pipeline, causing gst-launch to exit on EOS.

You can either code up something to manage the pipeline, or just write a
script to just pull down the HLS content. The latter would be a lot faster,
and you could decide what variant you wanted to download.