How to Add New Custom element in a pipeline

Muhammad Farooq mhdfarooq90 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 05:38:09 PST 2015

Hi,
    I need help in adding new custom element to do some operation on stream
data. I am using three elements in a pipeline (source, filter and sink). Is
there anyway that i can edit the filter element task according to my own
requirement. For example, in "identity" element , instead of just passing
stream data from source element to sink, can we do plus one operation on
stream data in identitiy element ? Simply how can we add element in the
pipeline with the specific task which doesn't exist in built in elements ?

I am not clear in this direction because i have found that element with
specific tasks can be added only by writing a new plugin. Kindly guide me
in this regard. Looking forward for your kind help.
--
Regards
M - Farooq

Email :- mhdfarooq90 at gmail.com