why does gst_element_factory_make (“rtspsrc”, NULL) fails on linux (ubuntu 14.04 with qt5)

john madieu j.madieu at expemb.com
Fri Feb 13 00:04:55 PST 2015

hello guys

My problem is, why does gst_element_factory_make ("rtspsrc", NULL)
fails evry times?
I use Qt5 on ubuntu 14.04. I tried gst_element_factory_find ("rtspsrc")
with success,

I also tried:

gst-ispect rtspsrc
gst-inspect-0.10 rtspsrc
gst-inspect-1.0 rtspsrc
all give details of the plugin

here are some links I found on tiku.io, on stackoverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22878125/gstreamer-gst-element-factory-make-always-fail-and-return-null-qt5>,
on quabr.com
<http://quabr.com/22878125/gstreamer-gst-element-factory-make-always-fail-and-return-null-qt5>
and I tried to follow instructions,
 but have the same error:

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bus_timed_pop_filtered: assertion 'GST_IS_BUS
(bus)' failed.

The error occur only when it is time to execute
gst_element_factory_make ("rtspsrc", NULL). I tried to create (successfully)

gst_element_factory_make ("uridecodebin", NULL)
gst_element_factory_make ("fakesrc", NULL)
gst_element_factory_make ("v4l2src", NULL)

and I got no error.

here is my .pro file content:

CONFIG += link_pkgconfig

PKGCONFIG += \
    gstreamer-0.10 \
    gstreamer-base-0.10 \
    gstreamer-interfaces-0.10 \
    gstreamer-audio-0.10 \
    gstreamer-video-0.10 \
    gstreamer-app-0.10 \
    gstreamer-rtsp-0.10 \
    gstreamer-rtp-0.10

CONFIG   -= app_bundle

LIBS += -pthread \
        -lgstrtsp-0.10 \
        -lgstrtp-0.10 \
        -lgstreamer-0.10 \
        -lgstsdp-0.10 \
        -lgobject-2.0 \
        -lgmodule-2.0 \
        -lgthread-2.0 \
        -lxml2 \
        -lglib-2.0

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -fpermissive

but my problem still there. Any help would be apprecied.

Thanks

--

| John MADIEU | Ingénieur Linux Embarqué |