gst-plugins-good1.0 1.4.5 debian package libvpx dependency

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Sun Feb 15 21:24:05 PST 2015

On P, 2015-02-15 at 20:41 +0100, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
> I'm building a deb for Raspbian from Debian experimental.
>
> apt-get build-dep gst-plugins-good1.0/experimental
> debuild -us -uc
>
> fails as it depends on libvpx>1.1.3 while only libvpx1.1.0 is available.
> However in ext libvpx is also provided. Can't it just rely or fallback
> on the provided version?

ext/ contains actual gstreamer plugin code for plugins that have
external dependencies (while gst/ has plugins that don't have extra
deps), not the external deps.
So there is no libvpx to fallback on.
This is only done with gst-libav, to my knowledge, for different main
reasons than fallback (API/ABI changes too often, needs testing and
validating together, etc).

Best,
Mart