gst-plugins-good1.0 1.4.5 debian package libvpx dependency

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Mon Feb 16 01:54:32 PST 2015

On 02/16/2015 06:24 AM, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> On P, 2015-02-15 at 20:41 +0100, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
>> I'm building a deb for Raspbian from Debian experimental.
>>
>> apt-get build-dep gst-plugins-good1.0/experimental
>> debuild -us -uc
>>
>> fails as it depends on libvpx>1.1.3 while only libvpx1.1.0 is available.
>> However in ext libvpx is also provided. Can't it just rely or fallback
>> on the provided version?
>
> ext/ contains actual gstreamer plugin code for plugins that have
> external dependencies (while gst/ has plugins that don't have extra
> deps), not the external deps.
> So there is no libvpx to fallback on.
> This is only done with gst-libav, to my knowledge, for different main
> reasons than fallback (API/ABI changes too often, needs testing and
> validating together, etc).
>

> Best,
> Mart

Thnx, I didn't realize that. I assumed it was like this as I did not
have these problems when building directly from source.

Does anybody know if there are already repositories providing newer
gstreamer packages for Raspbian? There used to be
http://vontaene.de/raspbian-updates/dists/main/ but it's not updated
since gst 1.2 is provided in Raspbian.

I'm setting up one as we speak but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

Rg,

Arnaud
--
w: http://www.sphaero.org