Negotiation issues when adding audioconvert

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 07:59:26 PST 2015

Hey guys,

So I was testing (a pipeline which can be reduced to) something like this
gst-launch-1.0 interaudiosrc ! voaacenc ! fakesink

And it works ok. Now, when I add an audioconvert though, I get a
"non-negotiated" error on the pipeline.
gst-launch-1.0 interaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! voaacenc ! fakesink

I see no apparent reason why this should fail.  I'm getting this with both
voaacenc,  faac, flacenc but curiously not with vorbisenc. I'm running
1.4.3 on this machine.

Can anyone else test this? Am I failing to see the issue here?

Cheers,
Sérgio