udpsrc not available on iPad (iOS 8.1.3)

skryabin alex at vovan.ca
Thu Feb 19 18:07:02 PST 2015

Hello,

I am writing an application to stream RTP via UDP to an iPad. The
proof-of-concept is based on the updated gstreamer 1.0 iOS tutorials. In
Xcode, I can compile the app and it works in the Simulator (for device iPad
2). I can see the live video in my UIView.

When I try to build for my actual device (an iPad 3 with iOS 8.1.3), it
gives me the message "Unable to build pipeline: no element "udpsrc"".

I have obviously uncommented #define GST_IOS_PLUGINS_NET in gst_ios_init.h,
as it works in the Simulator.

Am I missing something?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,