Streaming RTSP Stream of h264 data at 1080p in Android

pankaj bansal pankaj.bansal.jiit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 02:55:48 PST 2015

I want to display an RTSP stream of H264 data with resolutions close to
1980x1080 on Android devices like Samsung tab 4 and  Nexus 4. I am
getting performance issues. The playback is not smooth. Its jittery, fps is
low and problem increases as the frame resolution increases.I have been
told that there is some bug in amcviddec because of which this is
happening. I want to know

1. If anyone was really able to play rtsp stream of h264 data at 1080p
2. If yes, can you please share the device name and gst pipeline used

Also if you think it's not possible to do this using GStreamer, Can you
please tell me that clearly

For me the results on Samsung Tab 4 are much better than Nexus 4. I am
using the tutorial-5 to do this

Sumsung Tab 4 :
Processor : Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU :Vivante GC1000