Gstreamer-Sharp - Use Cairo Overlay

Agarwal, Piyush - 0446 - MITLL Piyush.Agarwal at ll.mit.edu
Mon Jan 12 14:15:59 PST 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use the cairooverlay element in a Gstreamer-sharp application
and unfortunately the draw/caps-changed signals are not being called. Just
wanted to double check and make sure I was setting up the element properly:

            sourceElement = ElementFactory.Make("filesrc", "source" +
playerId);
            decodeElement = ElementFactory.Make("decodebin", "decoder" +
playerId);
            convertElement = ElementFactory.Make("videoconvert", "convert" +
playerId);
            overlayElement = ElementFactory.Make("cairooverlay", "overlay" +
playerId);
            queueElement = ElementFactory.Make("queue", "queue" + playerId);

            if (overlayElement != null)
            {
                overlayElement.Connect("draw", DrawOverlay);
                overlayElement.Connect("caps-changed", PrepareOverlay);
            }

     ŠŠ // other stuff here for initialization of the playbin/pipeline

                Bin pipelineBin = (Bin)pipeline;

                pipelineBin.Add(sourceElement, decodeElement,
convertElement, overlayElement, queueElement, sinkElement);
                Element.Link(sourceElement, decodeElement, convertElement,
overlayElement, queueElement, sinkElement);

And then my signal functions are:

        private static void PrepareOverlay(object o, GLib.SignalArgs args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine(args);
        }

        private static void DrawOverlay(object o, GLib.SignalArgs args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine(args);
        }

My breakpoints inside the signal functions never hit.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Thanks,
PIyush