Adding time shift ?

Tim Wood tim at visionaryigaming.com
Thu Jan 15 22:02:32 PST 2015

Hi

I have a pipeline set up in gstreamer SDK that I'm using for parallel production of HLS + RTMP from the same input sources.

The goal is to have a client able to hook up to either of these streams and see 'the same thing' timestamp wise.

Currently RTMP is a few seconds ahead - this is always going to be the case due to the way the two protocols work.

I want to introduce a delay into the RTMP side of things so that clients viewing RTMP will see what the HLS viewer see.

I have tried a few things:
- use of queue with 'min-threshold-time' set to ns desired. (while having all other max settings set 0 )
- use of 'ts-offset' property on rtmpsink

I'm not having any luck.  Is there a standard element to use for doing this?

Cheers
Tim