How to construct a Gstreamer pipeline with multiple sinks with different render delays

raghava.447 raghava.447 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:30:26 PST 2015

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have 2 sinks in my pipeline and I need to
support delayed output on one sink and zero delay on the second. Below are
the 2 approaches I took.

1. I tried to have a queue with "min-threshold-time" set. This queue was
placed before first sink and the other sink with no queue.

But the sink linked with queue gets the buffer on its sink pad only after
queue reaches the threshold time. Due to this whole pipeline was not moving
to playing state until this happens and the output was getting rendered
almost at the same time on both the sinks, which was not intended as I have
to get output on the second sink immediately and on the first sink after the
delay.

2. I tried to set "render-delay" on the first sink.

Due to this the second sink also tries to sync with the first sink. As a
result, the second sink renders initially and freezes until the first starts
rendering.

Please let me know whether any thing was wrong in the mentioned approaches.
Please let me know how to achieve the delayed output on first sink and zero
delay on the second sink.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raghavendra Rao