interleave 2 adpcm audio source

ge_keep pcouliba at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 12:58:35 PST 2015

I have 2 adpcm mono audio files (file1 and file2) without the header data in
each file. So basically the raw audio compressed 4 bit/sample data in each
file. The headers were chopped on purpose but I do know the sampling rate,
the bit/sample. I want to create a single stereo file (interleaved.adpcm)
out of these 2 files by interleaving the samples. No header needed in the
output file either.
I have tried the following but getting "could not link..." error:

gst-launch -v interleave name=i ! filesink location=interleaved.adpcm \
filesrc location=file1 !
"audio/x-adpcm,channels=1,endianness=(int)1234,width=(int)4,depth=(int)4,signed=true,rate=9600"
! i. \
filesrc location=file2 !
"audio/x-adpcm,channels=1,endianness=(int)1234,width=(int)4,depth=(int)4,signed=true,rate=9600"
! i.

I am getting "could not link filesrc0 to i" error.

Can gst-launch help accomplish this task? waht should be the gst-launch cmd
in this case?