record two stream simultaneously

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Wed Jan 21 04:01:41 PST 2015

On 01/20/2015 07:46 PM, Briner Cédric wrote:
> Hello,
>>> Hello,
>> Perhaps you could share the resulting files and/or a GST_DEBUG=6 log
>> of the failing recording. It would make it easier to debug this issue.
> I did not know where to put these files. So they are on :
> https://mega.co.nz/#F!MwxyzbgR!_woGyEj1-SdViEkOAjeEhw
>
> For myself, when I play it with vlc, I got 2 windows where you will
> see a glxgears running on each of them. Place the windows to see both
> of them on your screen, and you will see that there is only one of
> them playing when the other one is frozen and vice et versa.
The problem is that the timestamps for the video are not continuous.
Sometimes only video0 is running while video1 seems stalled and then the
opposite. So the playback is reflecting this issue from the recording.

If you search the logs for "gst_qt_mux_handle_buffer:<mux> selected pad"
you should see the buffers that are selected for muxing and you can
notice how one of the videos is stalled while the other is running.

What source elements are you using? I'd recommend investigating how they
timestamp buffers.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> cED
> P.-S. I personnaly use vlc to play them

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley