[DASH] Client Pipeline dashdemux+multiqueue

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jan 26 07:14:30 PST 2015

On Mo, 2015-01-26 at 15:52 +0100, Angel Martin wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to find the pipeline to receive and manipulate a DASH stream
> with video and audio in separated fragments.
>
> The first step is to try to play it and then to remove the sinks, add a
> muxer for video and audio and push it to a UDP connection.
>
> This player works perfect:
> *gst-launch-1.0 -v playbin uri=http://localhost/dash/ondemand.mpd
> <http://localhost/dash/ondemand.mpd> name=source*
>
> Now, I am trying to forward the DASH to a UDP stream.

Forward to UDP how? RTP?

> Here, you can find a very good description of the *"HTTP Adaptive Streaming
> with GStreamer"* done by *Sebastian Dröge*:
> https://coaxion.net/blog/2014/05/http-adaptive-streaming-with-gstreamer/
>
> My basic hint to reach my target scenario comes from this graph:
> https://coaxion.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/hls-av.png
>
> I am using Gst 1.4.3 64 bits on Debian Testing.
> [...]

First of all try without multiqueue and just use normal queues, that
will make the pipeline simpler while not making much of a difference.

As you can see from the logs, there are some problems with pad links
here:
> *0:00:00.133977452  8235 0x7f57ac003590 WARN                 basesrc
> gstbasesrc.c:2933:gst_base_src_loop:<souphttpsrc2> error: streaming
> task paused, reason not-linked (-1)*

If you get full debug logs, you should be able to backtrace from that
line to see where exactly the missing link is. And also then check why
linking that failed.