gst-launch VS application

Osmo Antero osmoma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:10:31 PDT 2015

just a tip.
audio-recoder can show the recording pipeline as a gst-launch command. it
also creates recording pipeline in c code where it carefully set various
parameters like output filename, recording devices, audio profile and file
format, etc.

setting these parameters on command line can be a tedious task.
ref: https://launchpad.net/~audio-recorder

Look into [Additional settings] -> Recording commands -> Show Cmd.