Gstreamer RTSP pipeline for multicast

pushpa pushpalatha.sg at mistralsolutions.com
Mon Jul 20 03:45:26 PDT 2015

Hi Tim,

I am getting below error messages after using the above pipeline for
receiving multicast rtsp streams.
Do we need to mention anything about the protocol in the pipeline

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=rtsp://192.168.10.11:1111
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Progress: (open) Opening Stream
Progress: (connect) Connecting to rtsp://192.168.10.11:1111
Progress: (open) Retrieving server options
Progress: (open) Retrieving media info
Progress: (request) SETUP stream 0
Progress: (request) SETUP stream 1
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source: No
supported stream was found. You might need to allow more transport protocols
or may otherwise be missing the right GStreamer RTSP extension plugin.
Additional debug info:
gstrtspsrc.c(5801): gst_rtspsrc_setup_streams ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...