splitmuxsink arbitrary close

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Jul 23 02:52:13 PDT 2015

On 23/07/15 15:25, cottrelld wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a pipeline with a tee.  One of the tee channels is a motion detector.
> Upon detecting motion, it fires up another tee channel with a splitmuxsink.
>
> When motion is stoped, we want to close splitmuxsink.  I've tried just
> removing it, and also tried sending an EOS, but it simply closes the file
> and leaves it in an unplayable state.

EOS is a valid way to close the stream and end the file, but you need to
wait until the splitmuxsink posts EOS on its bus to know that that has
actually completed - simply sending the EOS event on the sink pad(s) and
changing the state to NULL won't give it a chance to process the EOS fully.

> In addition, I try to be able to readd the splitmuxsink in the future when
> we need it again, but it doesn't seem to want to work as normal.

There may be a bug around being reusable - I'm not sure that's been
properly tested yet. splitmuxsink is pretty new.

> Is there a way to gracefully end the last video correctly?  And is the
> splitmuxsink designed to be able to be removed and added at will?

Cheers,
Jan.