splitmuxsink arbitrary close

cottrelld david at elarm.com
Thu Jul 23 13:26:29 PDT 2015

Thanks for the fast reply.  Some further questions:

*1.  I tried to send EOS and wait but it didn't result in a valid video.*

My pipeline is like this:    otherstuff | tee | queue | x264enc |
splitmuxsink

I first put a block on the src pad of the queue.  In the callback,  I send
an EOS on the sink pad of the queue.

The in-progress last video get's written, but it's not valid.  it has
non-zero length but nothing can open it.  The rest of the videos created by
the splitmuxsink before that are fine.  Note, I'm not releasing the block
from the queue src at all right now, and I'm not removing the
splitmuxsink.  I left it running to see if it'd close the video ok.

Should I be sending it someplace else?  I notice the send_eos in
splitmuxsink sends it on the peer of the multiqueue...

*2.  How do you capture the EOS on the splitmuxsink bus?*

When you say I should wait for splitmuxsink to post EOS on its bus, do you
mean setup a callback like the following:
 gst_bus_add_watch (GST_ELEMENT_BUS (m_writeSink), bus_cb_writeSink,
m_loop);

If so, I don't get any callbacks on that.

Thanks for the help,
-David