Internal data flow error with TCP

Jannis Achstetter jannis_achstetter at web.de
Thu Jul 23 21:34:26 PDT 2015

Am 24.07.2015 um 03:02 schrieb doon:
> I use these pipelines for audio streaming:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.ogg ! tcpclientsink port=7887
> gst-launch-1.0 tcpserversrc port=7887 ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! audioconvert
> ! autoaudiosink

In this case you send Vorbis-encoded data in an Ogg-container over the
network. Your second pipeline parses the Ogg-header and extracts the
needed information like type of content (decoder needed), number of
channels, sampling rate, etc.

> All works fine, but when I use this:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
> tcpclientsink port=7887
> gst-launch-1.0 tcpserversrc port=7887 ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

In this case you are only streaming raw audio data without header and
information on the format. The second pipeline is completely missing the
information needed to correctly play the data.

Best,
	Jannis