AW: bayer to YV12 conversion

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Mon Jul 27 05:04:09 PDT 2015

I have looked into this subject. Using shader-based debayering is IMO really something you want to do close to the UI, for these reasons:

-          You need an OpenGL context to install the shader. This is typically only available close to the UI

-          You also save bandwidth, because the debayered material is 3-4 times bigger than the non-debayered

For these reasons I have some to the conclusion that a gstreamer element is not the right place to do shader-based debayering.