gst-launcher-1.0 : setting pad offset

philippe renon philippe_renon at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 7 13:50:14 PDT 2015

I always forget that src/sink is reversed for pads...Setting the offset on the sink pad of the compositor did the job and it works well :)Thanks !

     Le Dimanche 7 juin 2015 22h19, philippe renon <philippe_renon at yahoo.fr> a écrit :

     Le Dimanche 7 juin 2015 20h14, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com> a écrit :

 On So, 2015-06-07 at 18:00 +0000, philippe renon wrote:
> I have several branches feeding into a compositor and would like to
> delay one or more ot them (i.e. upstream of the compositor).
>
> One of the branches I'd like to delay has these elements : udpsrc !
> identity ! textrender ! videorate
>
> Do any of those elements implement GstChildProxy ?Would it make sense
> to have identity implement GstChildProxy ?

None of them do and it IMHO doesn't make sense for identity. But
compositor's sinkpads do, and you can just set the pad offset on them.

But as always, gst-launch is a debugging and testing tool. Write your
application in a real programming language if you want to do such
things.

Well I need to introduce the offset upstream of a compositor.I can always introduce a second compositor (with a single source) just to benefit from the fact that it exposes the pad offset to gst-launch (which I have to use at this stage...).Not very elegant but could work.
Is it correct to say that, ideally, all elements should implement GstChildProxy and expose pad properties to gst-launch ?
Is that in line with a hypothetical long term road map or would it just be plain stupid ?