gst-launcher-1.0 : setting pad offset

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jun 8 01:10:34 PDT 2015

On So, 2015-06-07 at 21:21 +0000, philippe renon wrote:
> >> I always forget that src/sink is reversed for pads...
> >
> >Simple way to remember it: a source (element or pad) is something
> that
> >outputs data, a sink (element or pad) is something that consumes
> data.
>

> Ok, will try to remember that ;)
>
> I have been playing a bit more with compositor sink pad offset.
>
> Works well on the non live branch.
>
> The second branch is live (v4l2src) and compositor output starts to
> break when the offset is too big (5 seconds for example; works well
> for 1 second).
>
> I understand that there must be some queuing going one somewhere.
> I have a queue after the v4l2src (and before the compositor).
> Increasing the queue max-size-time so it is greater than the desired
> offset does not seem to help.

queue blocks once the first max-size-* limit is reached, so if you also
have a non-0 buffers/bytes limit it will probably hit that one first.
Not sure if that is the problem here for you.

To debug this, check where exactly things are starting to break from the
debug logs. Where queues are running full, where data is being dropped.