ImportError: cannot import name GstRtspServer

Mark Howell mhowell at northlink.com
Mon Jun 8 22:41:04 PDT 2015

On 06/08/2015 12:27 AM, Giacomo Difruscolo wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
> but I'm new to Ubuntu too, so all is very difficult for me!
> I have downloaded "gst-rtsp-server-1.4.5" from
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-rtsp-server/
> and I have unzipped it.
> Now I made ".configure", "make" and "sudo make install" by command line
> and all seems ok (You can take a look at the attached file).
> But I think there is something else which doesn't work right, can you
> help me?
>
> Thanks
> Giacomo

Giacomo, although the configure/make/install seemed to be successful, I
noticed this line in the configure output:

   checking for gobject-introspection... no

For gst-rtsp-server (and other GStreamer stuff) to be accessible in
Python through gi.require_version(), it needs to be built with
gobject-introspection enabled.

try "./configure --help" to see what the options are... there should be
something like "--enable-introspection=yes" to turn on introspection.

Try running configure with that option and see if it turns on
gobject-introspection. If it doesn't, you may need to install the
gobject-introspection package on your system.

Cheers,

Mark.