QuickTime Encoded date Error: gst-core-error-quark

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Jun 10 02:02:23 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 02:23 -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:

Hi Carl,

> I am trying to get the start and duration from a file (a few 1000 of
> them once I get the first one working)
>
> http://a-vinter.com/Capture0001.mov
>
> d = discoverer.discover_uri('file://' + os.path.abspath(pathname))

Gst.filename_to_uri() or whatever it is in python is a more correct way
to create an URI from a filename by the way (and also handles relative
paths).

> GLib.Error: gst-core-error-quark: Your GStreamer installation is
> missing a plug-in. (12)

> $ gst-inspect-1.0 qtdemux
> (snip)

You're probably missing a parser or decoder, make sure you have
gst-libav installed.

$ gst-discoverer-1.0 http://a-vinter.com/Capture0001.mov
Analyzing http://a-vinter.com/Capture0001.mov
Done discovering http://a-vinter.com/Capture0001.mov