RTSP Multicast Scenario Setup

surendra rgouthami409 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:47:17 PDT 2015

Hi Mario,

I am also facing the same issue with the multicast stream.

I have camera(Moxa Camera) which act as multicast server (i am able to
configure multicast address : 230.43.14.7 and port to 5556) .

Camera and the Gstreamer installed  computer connected to switch and in
switch snooping enabled (gstreamer computer port joins the snooping).

When i try using below command
gst-launch-1.0 -e \
rtspsrc location="rtsp://10.27.1.38:554/multicaststream_ch1_stream1"
protocols=GST_RTSP_LOWER_TRANSP_UDP_MCAST \
    ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 \
    ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink sync=false \

Error: “Could not connect to server, no protocols left”. -> Since UDP
Multicast is the last option!

Did you resolve the issue?. i am using gstreamer 1.2.3 version with ununtu
trusty(14.04)

Could you please help me in resolving the issue..

Thanks,
Surendra