RTSP src multicast stream issue

surendra rgouthami409 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:52:29 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue with the multicast stream.

I have camera(Moxa Camera) which act as multicast server (i am able to
configure multicast address : 230.43.14.7 and port to 5556) .

Camera and the Gstreamer installed  computer connected to switch and in
switch snooping enabled (gstreamer computer port joins the snooping).

When i try using below command
gst-launch-1.0 -e \
rtspsrc location="rtsp://10.27.1.38:554/multicaststream_ch1_stream1"
multicast-iface=eth0 protocols=GST_RTSP_LOWER_TRANSP_UDP_MCAST \
    ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 \
    ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink sync=false \

Error: “Could not connect to server, no protocols left”. -> Since UDP
Multicast is the last option!

i am using gstreamer 1.2.3 version with ununtu trusty(14.04)

Could you please help me in resolving the issue..

Udp unicast stream works fine with gstreamer and also multicast stream from
camera tested with VLC player and it works fine.

Thanks,
Surendra