reconfigure event

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Wed Jun 17 00:13:00 PDT 2015

since nobody answers I will close this subject with my own conclusion:

there is no way to achieve this. Again, my goal was to re-initiate the full
negotation circle which would lead to set_caps being called on the final sink.
This should happen sonchronously. This cannot be done via
gst_event_new_reconfigure()), because

- the event as such only sets markers on the pads upstream. Actual processing
happens when the processing loop is restarted, which requires a state change
(e.g. PLAY)
- even when re-negotiation happens, it may not reach the final sink with a
set_caps call - at least it did not in my case (custom src->playsink->custom
videosink)

regards,
Chris