Dir.ctshowsrc in Gstreamer 1.5

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 25 03:00:00 PDT 2015

On Mi, 2015-06-24 at 23:35 +0200, Yann Jouanin wrote:
> OK I will do my best.
> Do you know which version of gcc is used on windows? Is it still the
> 4.7.3?

Yes, 4.7.3

> Any chance to compile gstreamer with visual studio ( I saw some
> project files but they don't look up to date).

Currently that's not possible unfortunately, at least not without
someone updating all the project files :)

There are some ideas to automatically generate up-to-date project files
from the Makefile.am (and then ship those in tarballs), but that didn't
happen yet.

However, the DirectShow plugins must be compiled with MSVC. It would be
an additional build step in the gst-plugins-bad-1.0.recipe that does
the cmake stuff and then builds those plugins with MSVC.