Dynamic Digital Zoom - videocrop - videoscale

tnewman newmantye at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 08:02:57 PDT 2015

All,

I am working on a pipeline using gstreamer 0.10 and require the application
to digitally zoom the image.  One can see the pipeline via the attached
image.

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4671073/pipeline.png>

The issue is that when I change to videocrop element the pipeline via the
following line of code:

g_object_set (G_OBJECT (g_gst_Pipeline.videocrop), "top",
g_gst_VideoCropDims.topOffset, "left", gst_VideoCropDims.bottomOffset,
"bottom", g_gst_VideoCropDims.leftOffset, "right",
g_gst_VideoCropDims.rightOffset, NULL);

the pipeline throws an error and halts the pipeline as described:

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline/MFWGstV4LSrc:source: Internal data
flow error.
Additional debug info:
/media/tnewman/yoctobuilds/fsl_community_bsp_daisy/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gstreamer/0.10.36-r2/gstreamer-0.10.36/libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.c(2625):
gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/MFWGstV4LSrc:source:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

The interesting bit is if I create the pipeline without the tee therefore
terminated at the appsink element the digital zoom function works using the
same code as described above.

I have tried to pause the pipeline prior to changing the videocrop element;
this did not work and ended with the same error.
I have tried blocking the source "src" pad prior to changing the videocrop
element; this did not work and ended with the same error.
I have tried blocking the videoscale "sink" pad prior to changing the
videocrop element; this did not work and ended with the same error.

I have included my source file for your review.  Any help is greatly
appreciated!

sample.c
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4671073/sample.c>