Cross-platform C# application with Gstreamer

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Mar 23 08:58:09 PDT 2015

On Mo, 2015-03-23 at 08:17 -0700, doon wrote:
> I have a very specific question. I want to create a multimedia multi-platform
> application on C# which will use Mono. Is it possible to create a C# Mono
> application which will use gstreamer-sharp or "pure" gstreamer or something
> like "glued" gstreamer on these platforms: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS,
> Android? I think I can use Pinvoke, but maybe it can be implemented more
> elegant? I know, it's maybe really strange question(or maybe not ;-)) but
> which variants I have?

Mono runs on all these platforms (Xamarin for iOS and Android),
GStreamer too. So it's definitely possible somehow :)

I don't know if the GStreamer C# bindings work on iOS and Android, but
they work on the other platforms... and can be made to work on iOS and
Android too. Alternatively you can also write your GStreamer code in C
of course, and P/Invoke that from C#