Can't use autovideosink for gstreamer on raspberry pi

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 28 05:37:38 PDT 2015

On L, 2015-03-28 at 01:19 -0700, nguahoang wrote:
> Dear Mart ,
>
> Thanks for your post. But I do not find "glimagesink" when run command:
> "gst-inspect-1.0 | grep sink". I using buildroot to create OS for raspberry.
> How to add "glimagesink" to gstreamer?
> Please help me.

glimagesink is part of gst-plugins-bad-1.4 and newer.
It requires desktop GL or GLES2 support for compilation time, and
perhaps some appropriate configure flags.
I use these myself on the Raspberry Pi (EGL, GLES2 and dispmanx being
key here):

--disable-glx --disable-x11 --enable-egl --enable-gl --enable-dispmanx
--enable-gles2

amongst others. Now that I look at it, I'm not sure if --enable-gl is
needed or not.

I believe you may need to point it to find your raspberrypi-userland
headers and libraries by passing some CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS as
well.
I have patched my rpi-userland to provide pkg-config files and
gst-plugins-bad to use them. Something like noted at
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-openmax/2013-March/000724.html

Mart