Can't use autovideosink for gstreamer on raspberry pi

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 30 07:09:28 PDT 2015

On E, 2015-03-30 at 02:18 -0700, nguahoang wrote:
> Dear Mart,
>
> Do you compile gst-plugins-bad-1.4 direct on raspbian or toolchain on PC
> environment?

I compile directly on Gentoo Linux on my RPi2, with some assistance via
distcc.

> I am using buildroot to compile. I compile gst-plugins-bad-1.4.5 with
> options same your suggest, I get error when configure such as:
> checking for glTexImage2D in -lGL... no
> checking for gluSphere in -lGLU... no
> checking for glTexImage2D in -lGLESv2... no
> checking for eglGetError in -lEGL... no
> checking EGL/fbdev_window.h usability... no
> checking EGL/fbdev_window.h presence... no
> checking for EGL/fbdev_window.h... no
> checking for bcm_host_init in -lbcm_host... no
> checking for WAYLAND_EGL... no
> configure: error: Could not find the required EGL libraries
>
> I try select wayland in compile buildroot, but I am not successful.
> I try get EGL, GLESve2. If you have any idea, please help me.

As I said, you need to point it towards the raspberrypi-userland headers
and libraries, because they aren't installed in /usr, but /opt/vc.
Though looks like I was a bit confusing due to rewriting the sentence
and ending up with bad flow.

Basically something like:

LDFLAGS='-L/opt/vc/lib' CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux'
in environment for the configure call.
I myself patch rpi-userland to provide pkg-config files and patch
gst-plugins-bad to use them, but passing appropriate CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS should work.

For WAYLAND_EGL, you would have to patch raspberrypi-userland with
wayland patches that have not been included in there yet.
I think it was just looking for any EGL thing, so once you point
CPPFLAGS at it, it should find them and get further.

Mart