Setting PIDs for mpegtsmux

Jesper Larsen knorr.jesper at gmail.com
Wed May 27 05:20:39 PDT 2015

I'm not aware of any way of setting properties on child elements through
gst-launch command.

But you should be able to do the filtering using some tees, tsdemuxs, and
decode bins.
The tsdemux element creates src pads with names that includes the PID of
the stream served on that pad.

Imagine you have a program (10) with 1 video stream on PID 300, and two
audio streams on PID 301, and 302.

You should be able to play the video with one of the audio streams using
something like:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc ..... ! tsdemux program-number=10 name=d ! queue !
decodebin ! autovideosink d.audio_012d ! queue ! decodebin ! autoaudiosink

That should choose the program number 10, play the video, and play the
audio on PID 301 (if it is part of the program). Note that the muxer uses
dec numbers for the PID while the demuxer uses hex.
If you need to decode several programs at the same time, you can put a tee
element in just before the tsdemux, and do a second branch with tsdemux

udpsrc ... ! tee name=t ! tsdemux program-number=10 name=d1 t. ! tsdemux
program-number=11 name=d2 ....

You can see the templates for the pad names running
gst-inspect-1.0 tsdemux

Jesper