FrameStepping gstreamer1.x python and general

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri May 29 02:20:56 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 10:58 +0200, Thibault Saunier wrote:

> As for frame stepping support, I  do not think it is properly
> implemented everywhere, best is to try it out and see/fix it/open a
> bug if needed.

Frame stepping is handled entirely by the sink base class and shouldn't
require support from upstream elements (unless you want to step back,
then it requires reverse playback support), so hopefully it to mostly
just works whatever the source/demuxer/decoder (minus bugs of course, as
Thibault said).

 Cheers
  -Tim