gst-plugin-scan Tainted error

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri May 29 15:10:27 PDT 2015

On Fr, 2015-05-29 at 19:13 +0530, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a development board when I am trying to run "gst-inspect" command , I
> get this error:
>
> CPU: 0 PID: 2683 Comm: gst-plugin-scan Tainted: G      D    O 3.12.17 #1
>
> and kernel crash. Here is the log:
> [...]

No userspace application should be able to crash the kernel, unless
there's a kernel bug. You probably want to start looking there when
debugging this problem, see what the last syscalls are (try strace) that
GStreamer is doing and check what could go wrong there in the specific
kernel of your development board.

> I am using gtsreamer 0.10.38.

You probably mean 0.10.36, there never was (and never will be) a
0.10.38. Independent of that you should update to a recent GStreamer 1.x
version, the 0.10 release series is no longer maintained since almost 3
years and you're missing a lot of bug fixes, new features and other
improvements. Especially for embedded devices.