Closing an RTSP server that is running on a thread

FatHippo dennis.lee at intel.com
Fri Nov 6 02:54:57 PST 2015

I have written a program that creates an RTSP server on a thread. I thought
that by simply quitting the loop which the RTSP server is running on, the
server will close by itself and terminate any existing connections but that
did not appear to be the case. I use VLC player to preview the RTSP stream
and I noticed that when the server thread exits, the VLC player is still
able to receive transmission from the server. What am I not 'unref'ing or
freeing that is keeping the server alive?