Gstreamer on Ubuntu(VirtualBox)

Chuck Crisler ccrislerathome at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:35:39 PST 2015

You need to provide more information. What is your host OS? Do you have
guest services installed? Can you access the camera or other USB devices
from Ubuntu? Have you left anything out of your pipeline? For the v4l2src
element you should specify the device location ("/dev/video0" is the
default) and maybe the video standard (I am not sure about that). If this
doesn't help then enter 'export GST_DEBUG=*:5' and then re-run your
pipeline. You will get tons of debugging messages. You should be able to
find the problem. If not, post the output here and someone will help you.