How to use gst-rtsp-server to receive streams from client

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 11 00:00:31 PST 2015

On Di, 2015-11-10 at 23:04 -0800, Giacomo D wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have installed gst-rtsp-server so I am able to send streams to some
> ports and receive them on the clients connected on those ports.
> Now, I want to know if a client can send a stream to a server
> listening on a determinate port. is it possible? I think yes, so is
> there some example on it? Because I can't find any example that shows
> me how gst-rtsp-server behaves when a stream arrives on a port which
> is listening.

That's possible with the RTSP RECORD method (as compared to PLAY which
is the other way around).

You can use Jan's RTSP sink to send media to a server:
https://github.com/thaytan/gst-rtsp-server/tree/rtspsink

And in gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-record.c you can find an example
for starting the server accordingly.