Android Video Streaming Latency Issue...

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Nov 16 09:45:18 PST 2015

Le lundi 16 novembre 2015 à 06:25 +0000, Atul Ankush  Bhandare a écrit
 :
> Hello,
>
> We use GStreamer 1.0 for Android,in that use Gstreamer tutorial 3,
> and Change the pipeline,
>
> pipeline is,
>
> data->pipeline =gst_parse_launch("udpsrc port=5000 caps
> =\"application/x-rtp, media=video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encoding
> -name=(string)H264\" ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
> autovideosink sync=false async=false enable-last
> -buffer=true",&error);
rtpjitterbuffer have a property called "latency" in millisecond. By
default this is configured at 0.2s (200). So it effectively contribute
200ms of latency. Though, this element is meant to work on a
synchronized pipeline, and you set sync=false, and async=false. Both of
these settings are very bad decisions. This will disable
synchronization and during burst, frames will accumulate in the
jitterbuffer and never be dropped to compensate the drift. As software
decoder is also often slow and rendering on Android is often limited to
30fps (or less sometimes), it will keep accumulating. I strongly
recommend leaving these two properties alone.
Nicolas