Issue with capturing from soft/virtual camera using ksvideosrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 17 03:40:31 PST 2015

On Mo, 2015-11-16 at 18:29 +0300, Oleg Guschin wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for a weekend delay.
>
> Sure I can. But if I capture all debug logs there are tons of them
> actually.
> I uploaded it (7z compressed file) to https://drive.google.com/file/d
> /0Bz7jdRApCf_WNjA4S0hOSkg5cjQ/view?usp=sharing because I can't attach
> it directly to the message due to the file size.
> May be I should limit it for some particular components/modules for
> easy reading? If so, please let me know which components are in
> interest?

Unfortunately no useful information in the log. For whatever reason the
device fails to configure with these caps:
  video/x-raw, width=(int)1920, height=(int)1440, framerate=(fraction)60/1, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, format=(string)RGBx

Some more debug output in that code would be useful, but it also looks
like that code is a bit outdated and buggy in general. Especially with
regard to RGB formats.

This needs further debugging to understand where exactly in the code it
goes wrong. The problem is inside the ksvideosrc plugin in any case.