RTP media server scalability issue: GLib-ERROR

Yisus j.avileses at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 05:12:41 PST 2015

Hi,

We are implementing a media server using GStreamer 1.6.0. The media server
receives RTP streams and these after a media processing  (transcoding,
videoscale, audioresample) are retransmitted. For each RTP flow, the media
server creates a Gstreamer pipeline.
We are running loading tests on the media server  to check the number of RTP
streams (pipelines) that can be processed in parallel.We have noticed that
when the server creates a certain high number of pipelines (always the same
number, around 180), the server crashes due to a GLib error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(MediaProcess:2487): GStreamer-WARNING **: failed to create thread: Error
creating thread: Resource temporarily unavailable
0:16:06.558468338  2487 0x7f00ec1cad50 ERROR                basesrc
gstbasesrc.c:3462:gst_base_src_start_complete:<udpsrc1880> Failed to perform
initial seek

(MediaProcess:2487): GLib-ERROR **: creating thread 'timer': Error creating
thread: Resource temporarily unavailable

could you suggest me some idea to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.