Problem in using mpegtsmux

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 11:52:59 PDT 2015

You can transcode it to H264 (or something else) and then save it into a TS
file. Remember the '-e' flag for gst-launch. Can also save it into a mp4 or
avi or matroska file and later repack without renecodeing.

If VLC is to detect the duration of a TS file, it needs to read/parse the
whole file to detect gaps/jumps/restarts/new streams etc. A MPEG TS stream
has no single place it stores the duration of the stream. Not sure if VLC
will do that.. Perhaps it will.