Decodebin disable vaapi

Bernhard Graaf bernhard.graaf at gmx.de
Mon Oct 5 01:51:50 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm using gstreamer 1.4.3 and vaapi 0.6.

For playback of mpeg2 and h.264 videos there seems to be an issue with
searching in files when using vaapi.

Without using vaapi the searching works fine.

Example pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 filesrc ! decodebin name=d ! queue !
videoconvert ! xvimagesink d. ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! pulsesink.

My question: Is it possible to use decodebin and disable the vaapi output
(using software decoding)?

In don't want to deinstall die vaapi libraries because live streams working
fine with vaapi.

Thanks

Bernhard