Decodebin disable vaapi

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Oct 5 06:56:29 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 10:51 +0200, Bernhard Graaf wrote:

Hi Bernhard,

> I’m using gstreamer 1.4.3 and vaapi 0.6.
> For playback of mpeg2 and h.264 videos there seems to be an issue
> with searching in files when using vaapi.
> Without using vaapi the searching works fine.
> Example pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 filesrc ! decodebin name=d ! queue !
> videoconvert ! xvimagesink d. ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
> pulsesink.
> My question: Is it possible to use decodebin and disable the vaapi
> output (using software decoding)?
> In don’t want to deinstall die vaapi libraries because live streams
> working fine with vaapi.

This is possible. You can lookup the vaapi decoder GstElementFactory
from the GStreamer registry, cast it to a GstPluginFeature and set the
rank on it to GST_RANK_NONE with gst_plugin_feature_set_rank(). This
will make sure playbin won't consider it for autoplugging.

But seeking should really work in gst-vaapi, maybe file a bug or see if there's a newer version with that fixed.

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin,
Ireland