Transmit absolute time

Pietro Bonfa' pietro_bonfa at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 13 07:34:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to rewrite an application which deals with synchronized
videos using gstreamer.
I have a series of raspberries synchronized with a precise time protocol
server.
In my old application I was able to send frames with time-stamps related
to the global clock. Is there a way to do something similar with
gstreamer? This looks to me the only (accurate and reliable) way of
estimating the time differences between the various frames.

I tried other approaches (rtsp for example) but I cannot obtain the same
accuracy (better than 5ms) that I have with my original code.

Other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pietro