Live streaming slow motion

Thomas Milligan tmilligan at control4.com
Wed Oct 14 07:54:30 PDT 2015

I am using uridecodebin connected to an appsink to capture and display live video. The camera is sending 720p h264 @30fps. It appears that the decoder cannot decode frames fast enough so the video appears in slow motion and has and increasing latency. I've tried tweaking the rtspsrc to drop-on-latency, but h264 sync frames are lost. If I use a queue after uridecodebin to drop frames, the playback becomes very choppy and the latency still continues to get worse.  How do I prevent the video from being buffered and delayed? Thanks!