Appsink output data

Nuzut nickyonts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:47:00 PDT 2015

So I'm trying to use appsink with OpenGL. My original plan was to use Qt5 for
displaying my video and I was able to get a video stream with QImage, but
only when I used the Indexed8 format and this only displayed the video in
black and white. I've discovered that OpenGL has more format options when
displaying drawing to a texture with glteximage2d. My issue lies with my
lack of knowledge of appsink. I'm assuming it's raw data which lacks a
header and is why the QImage wasn't working correctly. I guess the question
should be: What is the output format for appsink? My pipeline is: udpsrc
port=6282 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video,
clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264" ! rtph264depay !
h264parse ! omxh264dec ! appsink name=appsink sync=false and my platform is
the raspberry pi2.
Any help on this topic would be fantastic! Thanks!!!