Save incoming RTP to HLS and .jpg with tee?

geoffm geoffm at matrangola.com
Tue Oct 20 19:52:23 PDT 2015

Problem
I'm able to send an h.264 RTP stream to a client that can create an HLS. I'm
also able to have the client save the stream as a series of .jpg files. But
I haven't been able to do both at the same time with a tee.It doesn't give
an error, it just doesn't do anything. No .ts files or .jpg files emitted
from the pipeline receiving the RTP stream when I use the tee. It works fine
when I have two separate receiving pipelines.
Server: encode video from USB camera with h.264 encoding built-in
Pull the video off the camera and send it over the wire.
Client: HLS on client - works
Receive the video stream and "re stream" it as an HLS
Client: Capture .jpg images every 5 seconds - also works
Grab an image that can be used as the current thumbnail every 5 seconds
Client: Tee to do both the above at the same time - doesn't work
Put both together as a tee...But that last one doesn't work. :( What am I
doing wrong here?